The Sierra Fund has been working for more than a decade to restore ecosystem and community resiliency in the Sierra Nevada. This timeline showcases major milestones since the release of our first report, Mining’s Toxic Legacy, in 2008.
Since 2008, We have:
- Released six major reports
- Held four Reclaiming the Sierra conferences
- Spearheaded the installation of two bridges the Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Developed an annual event to post state-issued fish consumption advisories
- Attracted millions of dollars for water quality and supply projects in the Sierra Nevada
- Successfully advocated for a moratorium on suction dredge mining
- And much more!