The Sierra Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit tax-exempt organization based in Nevada City, California. We serve the Sierra Nevada region of California, which includes 25 million acres, a third of the state’s area, and all or part of 22 rural counties.
The Sierra Fund works in the spirit of service to the Sierra Nevada’s natural resources and communities. We use science and advocacy to pursue our mission to restore ecosystem resiliency and build community capacity in the Sierra Nevada.
Key to our successful approach is our active engagement of a broadly diverse set of partners in our project design and implementation including local, state, federal and tribal governmental agencies, universities, businesses, environmental and community organizations, all working collaboratively to protect and restore the natural resources and communities of the Sierra Nevada.
We use pilot projects to understand problems and to design solutions, an approach that has proven highly effective in allowing The Sierra Fund to leverage targeted activities to the benefit of the greater region. This approach allows us to cultivate interest in our projects by organizations and governmental agencies around the Sierra, the state and the country with the aim of encouraging others to replicate and extend our successes.
For more information, please see:
- Mission – Our mission statement and how we pursue it
- Our Vision – Our vision of Resiliency
- Our Tools – Science, Policy, Outreach & Capacity Building
- Our Focuses – Issues The Sierra Fund is currently focusing on
- Board and Staff – Background and expertise of our organization’s leadership
- Working Group – Community and Agency Advisors
- Partners – Supporters of the Sierra
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Us