Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light? Do you want to gain valuable environmental professional experience? Apply today to become one of the 29 Members of the 2014 – 2015 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) as a Half Term Member!
The Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership is seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to 6 months of service to protect Sierra natural resources and sustainable communities. During the term, SNAP members will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
SNAP will begin looking at applications on a rolling basis on March 16, 2015. Interviews will begin shortly after.
Since 2007, more than 135 SNAP Members have served at 32 Sierra conservation organizations and agencies to restore over 8,034 acres of habitat, monitor over 924 ecological sites, educate over 86,000 people and recruit over 10,700 community volunteers to serve their local Sierra watersheds.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve from April 13, 2015 – September 30, 2015. Projects & responsibilities will vary depending on service positions but, will be based on watershed restoration and assessment, watershed education and outreach, and volunteer recruitment and management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,254 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 170 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $2,250 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
- Download the SNAP Member Application Packet with detailed application instructions here: http://sierranevadaalliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2015_SNAP_Member_Application-HALF-TERM.pdf
- Fill out the online SNAP Member application by clicking here.
- Email your resume and a 1 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application Half Term 2015”.
Interviews begin March 17, 2015!
For more information please contact:
Lynn Baumgartner, Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Program Director: 530-542-4546 x 705 or email@example.com.
Or visit www.sierranevadaalliance.org.
All submissions are confidential. The Sierra Nevada Alliance and AmeriCorps are equal opportunity employers.
AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connect more than 70,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet our country’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. AmeriCorps members serve with more than 2,000 nonprofits, public agencies, and faith-based and community organizations.