NEVADA CITY, 2 April 2009 – The Institute for Sustainability at Sierra College Tahoe-Truckee, in partnership with Sierra Business Council and The Sierra Fund, will host a community educational event on Mining’s Toxic Legacy on Friday, April 10, from 5-8pm.
The event will feature a slideshow, presentation and discussion of the effects of mining in the Sierra. Speakers will include:
- Mike Thornton, The Sierra Fund, Mining Project Community Organizer
- Elizabeth Martin, The Sierra Fund, CEO
- Dr. Carrie Monohan, The Sierra Fund, Science Director
- Michael Benn Ortiz, Tsi-Akim Maidu Tribal Spokesperson
- Steve Frisch, Sierra Business Council
- Sandy Karinen, CA Department of Toxic Substances Control
Come join us at the Sierra College, Tahoe-Truckee Campus, 11001 Campus Trail, Truckee, CA 96161.
For more information please email Lisa Biddle at: email@example.com.