The Sierra Fund supports key efforts in the Sierra by providing fiscal sponsorship of certain projects and organizations whose mission and activities complement and extend our own mission.
By filling the role of fiscal sponsor, we allow projects to move forward that would not otherwise have a nonprofit vehicle through which to receive a grant. Alternatively, we provide this role to certain collaborative projects that multiple nonprofits are involved in.
For all our fiscal sponsorship projects, we ensure that grant funds and other donations to the project are properly managed, and serve other project management and partner coordination functions as needed.
Projects that The Sierra Fund currently serves as fiscal sponsor include:
- CABY IRWM 2013 Implementation Grant and Projects
- CABY IRWM 2015 Implementation Grant and Projects
- Bear Creek Watershed Group
- Local Water Stays Local
Past projects we have served include:
- Bodie Hills Conservation Partnership
- Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Rice’s Crossing Preserve
- ART OnSite
- Mammoth Lakes Trails and Public Access
- Breast Cancer Research Project
- Saving the Sierra
- Environmental Defense of Sierra County
- Establishing the Sierra Nevada Conservancy
- Feather River Land Trust
- Foothill Conservancy
- Sierra Water Workgroup