The Sierra Nevada Alliance’s virtual conference, “2020 Vision for the Sierra Nevada,” is just around the corner and we are excited to announce that TSF’s CEO Izzy Martin will be participating in a panel discussing the future of the Sierra Water Workgroup. Formed in 2009 by a small group of individuals representing foothill water agencies and Sierra environmental groups, The Sierra Water Workgroup’s mission is to assist regional efforts to protect and enhance water quality, water supply, and watershed health; to develop cooperative regional responses; and to facilitate reinvestment in our watersheds and water resources by all beneficiaries.
The group addresses water issues of
concern to the Sierra by:
• Coordinating amongst local and regional water plans;
• Exchanging information and tools for water and watershed management amongst stakeholders in the region;
• Serving as an information source regarding state and federal water policy issues for local governments, nonprofits, and other stakeholders;
• Raising the profile of the Sierra to increase private, state and federal funding opportunities; and
• Advocating for Sierra water issues in state and federal legislative and administrative forums.
Click the link here to register for the conference and click the link here to learn more about the Sierra Water Workgroup. Be sure to tune in on September 11 from 2:15-3:15 pm to take part in this panel.